Send via SMS

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Momentary Wisdom

I got this sudden lightness in my heart and I just wanted to record this moment so that the next time I feel low, I can look back and hopefully, gain some solace.

I remembered a piece of advice I had lavishly dispensed to college juniors who wished to get selected by the company that had picked me the previous year. I had told them that they shouldn't try to lie in the interviews and that they should be honest about why they want to work. "If the company doesn't select you, don't be disheartened. It just means that you would have been unhappy doing that job (my selection was a bad HR decision, I guess, cause while I was dispensing this advice, unknown to my listeners, I had already resigned and was in my notice period)"

Now when I look at the gigantic job of deciding how to do what I plan to do in life, I feel myself incapable or unsuited for some of the more prestigious paths. Will the authorities that be think of me as capable enough? Motivated enough? How do I impress them? I just realized that I was falling into the same trap of trying to be someone I am not. All I need to do is look within, locate why I want to do what I want to do and simply communicate it to them. If they think that I don't fit, then it just means that I don't. Complete commitment to the reason of my choice is all that I need to worry about!

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2006 3:16 AM, Blogger Ink Spill said...

Perfect logic.
And I knwo your reasons will be nobler than furniture!
God Bless!

 
At June 30, 2006 8:19 PM, Blogger Jade said...

All I need to do is look within, locate why I want to do what I want to do and simply communicate it to them. If they think that I don't fit, then it just means that I don't.

Brilliant advice. I really need to keep that in mind the next one year. Thanks! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home