Send via SMS

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Nonsense Nightmare

I must write this down if only so that I can read it few weeks later and laugh at it.

Couple of nights back I woke up in the middle of the night, scared, drenched in sweat and with my head spinning. A nightmare. Considering my psyche, the nightmare could have been something like me getting murdered, raped or trying to answer economics questions in an accountancy exam. But the things that have been keeping me busy resulted in a totally different kind of nightmare.

I dreamt that I woke up late in the morning. So late that when I reached the vegetable vendors, there was no good ghiya (bottlegourd) to be found!!


(It is staple diet for mom who due to doctor's instructions is not allowed to go veggie shopping and I have been assigned this task for which I am required to get up at six in the morning. She is very particular about veggie shopping and hence, the phobia)

6 Comments:

At June 07, 2006 7:21 PM, Blogger shub said...

maannnn! :))

 
At June 07, 2006 9:45 PM, Blogger PizzaDude said...

Nice to hear from you after a long time :)

 
At June 07, 2006 11:51 PM, Blogger Jade said...

I was starting to wonder where you'd got to. Now I know! :P

(Must mention: I have always wanted to get proper words in word verification. Finally, I have something like a word. sukh bana. Mean anything to you? Me neither.)

 
At June 09, 2006 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't vegetables bought the previous evening and stored in the refrigerator fresh enough for you guys!? I'd have nightmares too if I had to wake up at such uncivilised hours, to buy vegetables of all things!

Arnav

 
At June 10, 2006 9:01 AM, Blogger The Priestess said...

Shub, hehe

Pizzadude, thanks..

Jasmine, yeah! things getting better at good speed. now i will be back to worrying about my own life. as for the word, it is a message from the word verification guys for u to spread joy and happiness:P

Arnav, nope. the neighbourhood vendor buys them from the mandi at 4-6 am and then sells them here.. have to reach early or all the ramdev devotees buy all the ghiya (he highly recommends ghiya juice)
btw, ur first comment since u made me allow anonymous comments long long time ago. hehe.

 
At June 11, 2006 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a coincidence that you mention Swami Ramdev the same day my mom told me about this ghiya fascination of his. One female devotee of his cooks only ghiya in our colony and her daughter was admitted under my mom's care after she fell ill because she doesn't like the vegetable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home