Send via SMS

Saturday, February 18, 2006

8 Point Someone

Jasmine tagged me. I am required to list out 8 different points about my soulmate.
Sex of the "target": Male

  1. Tall, dark and bespectacled. Sarees don't look good unless you wear them with heels and men don't like their women to be taller than them. Putting these two facts together, to look a couple of inches taller than I am when I wear 2 inch heels, he has to be atleast 6 feet tall. Also, I want to be able to rest my head against his shoulders and I don't want to bend down to do that. Fair skin and chubby cheeks (which incidentally also describes me) are undesirable in the guy. Guys should be dark. I don't know why but I feel fair guys cannot be trusted. Again no reason for the preference of spectacles except that they sometimes lend a more intellectual look and the fact that I wear them too.
  2. More intelligent than I am. Not a tough ask, I know. He should be able to intellectually challenge me and make me feel like a fool. Like my sister or mother or some of those "evil net friends" do.
  3. It's NOT all about money, honey. I don't want the world. Relationships, ordinary daily experiences and valuable time spent together are things I cherish. So should he.
  4. Should not be lazy. Some people just look like they are overflowing with laziness (no Jasmine, it doesn't show in you no matter how lazy you claim yourself to be!). I hate that. I like activity and would rather be out walking than sitting and talking. Energy and enthusiasm are highly desirable.
  5. Should enjoy traveling. I do and I don't want to travel alone or with someone who keeps cribbing. I can go to the movies alone, eat at Pizza Hut alone, but he'd better travel with me!
  6. Should make me laugh. I laugh at all kinds of silly jokes, so he just needs to be slightly funny and I will be happy.
  7. No Smoking No Booze. May sound like a matrimonial ad but I have bad memories of consequences of someone's addictions. I don't want those things in my life.
  8. Should love me.

And Jasmine, mister crush fulfills about 4 and a half of these points :)

Those who read this blog have either already done the tag, have found their soulmates or will not do the tag even if I mention their names here. However if I am wrong and any of you do not fall in the above categories, please go ahead and do the tag! Leave a comment and blah blah blah.

10 Comments:

At February 18, 2006 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>Energy and enthusiasm are highly desirable.

It is more like a recruitment advertisment rather than matrimonial. :))

And what is with girls not trusting pale guys? (Thank God)

As for making you look like fool and be more intelligent... guys with 780+ on GMATs are not common, you know!

 
At February 18, 2006 8:59 PM, Blogger The Priestess said...

Pradyot,
a relationship is a full time job u know :P

just like guys expect women to be these delicate creatures, men are expected to be rough n tough, not cute dolls!

since when have exams started testing intelligence?!

 
At February 19, 2006 1:51 AM, Blogger shub said...

jus curious...if you'd have to drop one of the 8 qualities, which would it be? :p

 
At February 19, 2006 6:41 AM, Blogger The Priestess said...

Shub: First one for sure :P

 
At February 19, 2006 7:20 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Hmm. Since Mr Crush doesn't know of your existence, I'm trying to figure out people I know who fulfill all - or the first seven, anyway; the eighth we can manage after a little while.

Have had to come to the conclusion that I know noone like that, and if I ever do, will promptly latch onto him myself. ;) However, if he's more than five years older than me, you can have him. It's okay - I'm a generous person. :)

And how exactly does one 'look' lazy, anyway? But you're wrong in my case, so it doesn't matter. Ha! But you're so right about not being able to trust fair-skinned guys. And here I was thinking it was my South Indian prejudice!

Also, Pradyot, LOL!! :D

 
At February 19, 2006 8:33 AM, Blogger The Priestess said...

I wanted to write "foolish enough to love me" cause any guy who is all these things will have so many girls running after him!

Pradyot,please look out for couple of guys who fit the bill. Jasmine and I will be highly obliged :P

and I wrote the post after an exam. blame the phrase on that :P

 
At February 20, 2006 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way you have written "should love me" without even a "last but not the least", it seems that it is more an exception than the rule. Its mentioned so cutely that this must be the best thing I have seen in all the writeups on similar tags. Practical life being what it is, he might love you all right but then most men have roving eyes.

 
At February 20, 2006 9:40 PM, Blogger The Priestess said...

Hiren, the effect was intended to be quite the opposite. it isn't the case of "last but not the least", it is the case of most importantly. the differnece is highlighted by a lack of use of bold or explanation..

i guess i found it missing in other replies to the tag too.. cause it really doesnt make sense to have this perfect guy if he doesn't love n respect u!

as for roving eyes, well, so do women. the whole point is about keeping the trust in the relationship.

 
At March 14, 2006 1:09 PM, Blogger M&M said...

hey nice way to describe that dream man...i will try that method for my dreamgirl!just that my girlfrn may not like it.waise if that's all a girl wants i a guy..as of now i dont ulfill the 7th and the dark 6 feet thing.and fair men can be trusted!!

 
At March 14, 2006 6:37 PM, Blogger The Priestess said...

That's all that I want. Let's see if there exists such a guy. btw, u sure u also don' fulfil the 8th conditiion :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home