Send via SMS

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It happens!

There are times when you try and act really smart. And then the plan backfires. It is quite hilarious when it happens in movies. But, when it happens to you, it can be... quite hilarious for the rest of the world.

Last day of college before holi and I knew I would be in for some colours. Strategy to be adopted was simple. Wear old clothes, old enough to not mind giving them up and yet wearable to college. Spectacles in place of lenses, old watch. Dressed in a well worn out cotton suit, I reached college in the bus. As some of you may know, cotton when well worn out has a tendency to tear easily. Yep. As I was stepping out of the bus, the guy behind me stepped on my kurta and as i moved forward I heard the sound of cloth ripping. That was followed by a hurried sorry and by the time I was done examining the damage, the guy was gone.

Spent the day dressed in a purple salwar and an orangish kurta that a friend got from her hostel. When it was finally time to play with all the gulal, i had to run around the campus shouting "Maangey huey kapde hain, chodd do!"

14 Comments:

At March 14, 2006 7:02 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Ha ha ha! Who was the cloth-tearer? Tall sexy curly-haired law-fac person? Please tell me so. I'll beat him up for you. :D

 
At March 14, 2006 7:57 AM, Blogger shub said...

=)) sorry to be laughing at ur plight. But on the brighter side, ur clothes didn't get dirty did they? :p
ahem...if I were in ur place I'd have run around screaming 'its ok to throw color on me, dress isn't mine" :D

oops..there goes my chance of ever getting to wear ur lovely solly jacket? :(

 
At March 14, 2006 1:12 PM, Blogger M&M said...

shit happens all the time...hey some of ur blogs are quiet cute!helping me to pass my time when i have nothing better to do.

 
At March 14, 2006 6:18 PM, Blogger The Priestess said...

Jasmine, wish it was him. i wouldn't mind beating him up myself :P btw, sexy? i think he is more cute than sexy.

Shub, I was also laughing at myself! as for the jacket, anytime sweetie. should i courier it to singapore?

JM, thanks for the "compliment". U should read the one i used to write earlier, I think that was cuter.

 
At March 14, 2006 9:24 PM, Blogger PizzaDude said...

OMG !! That was funny :))
I can picture u running around the college shouting "Maangey huey kapde hain, chodd do!"

 
At March 14, 2006 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deja Vu... :)

Peep

 
At March 15, 2006 1:36 AM, Blogger Ink Spill said...

Kaunsa kurta phaada??????
(Doing that one by one fingernail on the table thing)
Happy Holi Dearest!!!!!!!!
>:D<

 
At March 15, 2006 2:32 AM, Blogger The Priestess said...

Purple one from "The Shop".. :(
was my budday gift when i was in first year, i think

congrats on avoiding holi, yet again dearest

 
At March 15, 2006 2:50 PM, Blogger Ink Spill said...

Rescue mission. make a top out of it!

 
At March 16, 2006 6:27 AM, Blogger Aditya said...

AHA...
found you at last (The Great KHUFIYA)
i had the feeling earlier but dismissed that thought somehow, anyways nice blog TT, oops, Priestess :) will link u soon

 
At March 16, 2006 7:42 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Yeah, true. More cute than sexy. *SIGH* Puppy dog eyes, curly brown hair.. haven't been close enough to check out dimpled grin, but I'm sure he has it. :P

Okay, fine, fine, no poaching! :P

 
At March 17, 2006 3:34 AM, Blogger The Priestess said...

inky, perfect idea. next time i am waiting to get off the bus at my stop and the driver stops the bus suddenly and the peron behind me grabs my shirt ... are u sure u r my loving sister?

Observer, thanks for the compliment. This comes as a surprise as i don't expect intellectual and creatives to admire this blog unless they are blood relatives, close friends or have to suffer me daily.

Jasmine, lol.

Viveka, :)

 
At March 17, 2006 5:28 AM, Blogger Aditya said...

talking about intellectual ppl, i think i am talking to one myself, i had a look at ur economics and finance blog. I cant write those kinds of stuff. makes u more intellectual and academic, wot say :)

 
At March 20, 2006 2:04 AM, Blogger The Priestess said...

it is there. stopped writing on it. that's all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home