Send via SMS

Monday, May 21, 2007

Phir boli mein...

Saw "Life in a Metro" today. Thanks to Shub's post , when a shirtless Shiney Ahuja is busy emoting his heart out on stage, I said in a rather loud voice, "Hey! He does remove his shirt and Shub said he didn't!!" Thanks Shub :P

The movie was enjoyable with good looking people, great actors and some very interesting characters. Since I am always willing to admit my insecurities in this space, I will have to confess that Konkona's love life and Shiney's professional life were the ones I could identify with or foresee for myself. Chasing mister perfect and finding your peers moving way ahead of you while you cannot afford to buy even a one bedroom flat.... hmmm.

The morbid thoughts about the professional front arise after the initial excitement about the admission to the great institution has died and I am back on earth. The enormity of the task is difficult to digest and when everyone around you tells you that you are headed for great fun, you just don't know what to say. I hope this is what I really want to do and that gives me the courage to do it well.

Was analysing this step in life and how it came about and could only feel it was an incremental approach that I have followed. Cheeni kum. Thodi aur daalo. Abhi bhi kum. Thodi aur daalo. I just hope zyaada meetha na ho gaya ho! chakhne ke baad hi pata chalega..


Not completely related to the above, but, wanted to write about these words that struck a chord :
Meri patang ho befikar udd rahi hai maa
Dor koi loote nahin beech se kaate na
-Prasoon Joshi's definition of heaven in RDB's Luka Chuppi

5 Comments:

At May 21, 2007 7:04 PM, Blogger shub said...

Ohhhh! I was concentrating on his performance I guess! :D You must've totally killed that scene for whoever you watched it with! :P

 
At May 22, 2007 5:41 AM, Blogger Devika said...

I would never admit that on my blog. But since this is YOUR blog.. I feel the same. I was watching The Forty Year Old Virgin the other day and thinking - oh gosh, that's me. :((

 
At May 23, 2007 12:12 PM, Blogger The Priestess said...

Shub, hehe.. i didn't, u did :P

Devika, keep ur hair open...there will be a long queue guarenteed ;-) Subru was asking about u today ..

 
At May 23, 2007 12:13 PM, Blogger The Priestess said...

guaranteed*

 
At May 23, 2007 12:14 PM, Blogger The Priestess said...

third comment .. but the hair point and the Subru point were NOT related .. hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home